Why I NEED to Gather

Five Minute Friday: Why I NEED to “Gather”

So this is my first time joining up with the #fmfparty group! YAY! I’m excited!

FMF means “Five Minute Friday”. On Fridays many bloggers take the opportunity to write for five minutes on 1 specified topic. I first heard about it a few weeks ago and this week I’ve decided to join up! Check out Kate Motaung’s over at her blog “Heading Home” for more info about the #fmfparty.

This week’s word to write about is “Gather”

So I was thinking about why we gather.

This weekend I am gathering with several Children & Youth Church Workers to learn how to create better ministries. Sunday I will gather with other believers in Jesus Christ to worship God & learn more about Him. Next week my family will gather to celebrate my daughter’s 7th birthday!

We gather together in times of joy & in times of deep sorrow. Sometimes we just gather together so we can talk or have a good time. We NEED to gather together. I know as a wife & a mom it really helps me when I can get together with other women to share & talk about what’s going on in our lives. I have a friend that I don’t get to have lots of quality conversation time with because we’re Β both so busy. Let me tell you though, when we DO get together & talk we can talk for hours! I always come away from our conversation feeling so much better because I know I’m not the only one that struggles with balancing all of the areas of my life.

Hebrews 10:25 says

“And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.”

So in God’s word He’s even telling us to gather! We need friend & family time. We need to share with & encourage one another. I think that’s one of the reasons why the #FMFparty each week is such a great opportunity! We can virtually “gather” together to talk on one topic. We can share & encourage.

I definitely need it!

Ok, my five minutes are up. Thanks so much for “gathering” with me this week!

I’m also linking up with www.christianmommyblogger.com today! If you’re a mom that blogs check it out!

I would love to hear from you! Let me know in the comments below what you do to get in some good Friend or Family time. I would love some new ideas to use myself!

Advertisements

18 thoughts on “Five Minute Friday: Why I NEED to “Gather”

1. kcgroves says:

My kids and I just did a Bible lesson about finding strength and I was telling them that sometimes the best way for me to gather strength is to gather with friends and seek godly council from them.

Liked by 3 people

2. confessions1rst says:

Love it! It’s true! We shouldn’t depend on others for our spiritual growth, but that doesn’t mean we don’t need each other or God intended us to walk alone! Thank you for these wonderful five minutes!

Liked by 1 person

3. Dara says:

Gathering….it is important. I tend to keep to myself a lot and only gather with my family and close circle of friends. Sometimes it seems like so much work to be “on” when gathering with others. However, a lot of the time, I will dread going to something, but end up having a great time once I’m there. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Liked by 1 person

4. Clare Speer says:

So true on “gathering”! I love this – I have to have quality “gathering” time with my daughters, with my girlfriends, etc. and I come away blessed and recharged! Thanks for the great reminder!

Liked by 1 person

5. Bonnie Lyn Smith says:

I love your connections to the word “gather” and the Scripture in Hebrews that you reference. Such a good reminder that we can’t neglect gathering. There is a place for solitude, but when we regularly isolate, we have a harder time defeating negative thinking.

Liked by 1 person

• Made To Bloom says:

Thanks Bonnie! I can speak for myself when I say that isolation can cause me to believe self fed lies. (I hope that makes sense) Like, the idea that I am the only one going through something. Community & fellowship with other believers can bust through those incorrect beliefs.

Liked by 1 person

6. kayetkm says:

You’re right, God wants us to gather – I think He wires us for gathering, and for encouraging and loving one another. Thanks for your post, and welcome to FMF.

7. Kate Motaung says:

Welcome to Five Minute Friday! So thrilled that you joined us this week! Hope it’s the first of many! πŸ™‚ And yes, it’s amazing how much it can help to gather together with other people, hey? I enjoyed reading your words .. Blessings on your week! (P.S. Love your hair!) πŸ˜‰