Encouragement Received, Encouragement Given!

Hey Everyone!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted, but there’s been a lot going on over here!

Last Friday my post “Let’s Be Friends” was a weekly featured blog post on the Grace & Truth Linkup! I woke up Friday morning with a notification on my phone… Let me tell you, that was the BEST way to wake up on Friday!

The beginning of last week I found myself having lots of doubts. I was doubting whether I should continue with this blog & with the book I’ve been working on. I was feeling a little discouraged & tired. Working full time, trying to take care of our home, my kids, & my husband, let a lone going to & serving at church… I was beginning to question whether God wanted me to do it all.

I don’t know if you’ve ever found yourself in that position, questioning. Doubting. “What am I doing?” “Is this what God truly wants of me?” “Did I make a mistake?”

That’s where I was last week. I didn’t feel like writing any more. I was doubtful that what I was doing was any good for anyone. I wondered if I was being selfish by even having a blog. Was I doing it to further myself in some way?

So I told God that I was going to hold off until I heard from Him what I was supposed to do. I was to afraid that by continuing to write or pursue this blog I could do a disservice to His word.

Then Friday came. First, I woke up to the notification on my phone about my featured post on Grace & Truth. I was so excited! I reached over, hit my husband (a little too hard… lol!), and told him that I’d been featured. I was in a slight state of shock throughout the morning.

When I got to work & opened up my email, I was blown away again! I had received an email from Heather Caudill over at “Mess to Beautiful” about a Guest Devotion Post I had submitted a few weeks before. She liked it! Not only that but it was going to be posted on her Monday Minute Devotional series on Monday! (Today FYI!)

I wanted to dance around my office! God had CLEARLY shown me that I wasn’t doing His word a disservice. In fact over this past weekend God has kept encouraging me through my friends, family, and even online followers.

So I want to take a minute not only to thank The Lord for reaffirming me this weekend, but also to all of you for reading, sharing, commenting, & encouraging me. I treasure every visitor that comes across this page.

As a thank you, I’ve made some encouragement downloads for you! Feel free to print or save them & use for your own personal use. Click the link underneath each picture to download each image.

1 peter 5 7 printable

1 peter 5:7 Printable

romans 5 8 printable

Romans 5:8 Printable

Today I’ve Linked Up with Titus 2 Tuesdays over at Cornerstone Confessions & #RaRaLinkup over at Purposeful Faith!

Advertisements

14 thoughts on “Encouragement Received, Encouragement Given!

1. Rebekah says:

Megan, I’m sitting here with the chills from your lovely story…and tears threatening to fall because I totally get all of what you’re saying. I’ve been there – I live there still from time to time, wondering if this is what God has me doing. Then I wake up to God’s new mercies (whatever that means on any given GREAT day like you’re describing here) and remember that if this is what He has for me, then He will provide just what I need at just the right time! Thank you so much for the printables and sharing the encouragement with us! (BTW, totally LOL regarding hitting your husband a little too hard…I do that, too!) πŸ˜‰

Liked by 1 person

• Made To Bloom says:

Awww! Rebekah, I was so touched on Friday that my words spoke to you and you chose to feature my post. I’m so thankful for finding the Grace & Truth Linkup and I will be linking up again this week πŸ™‚

2. aladyinfrance says:

I lOVE when God does that. I’ve been struggling with something similar, but it’s more along the lines of WHERE to put my writing focus. I still don’t have an answer but maybe I need to be more specific in prayer.

Liked by 1 person

• Made To Bloom says:

I’m still struggling with that one myself! πŸ™‚ I absolutely agree about specific prayer. I’ve been convicted about that lately, that my prayer needs to be more focused & intentional. Thanks so much for sharing!

3. Jennifer says:

Congratulations on such OBVIOUS signs of encouragement. I’m trying to feel encouraged that I have at least one reader who messages me after every post and tells me how much it means to her. I’m trying to remember that if my words and sharing God’s messages to me helps one person find Jesus, then I did the right thing, but it is hard to take as much time as it does to write and blog and make it successful and not feel like anyone is reading it.

4. Sasha says:

I go through that kind of stinking thinking all the time, only for God to show me out just like He did for you. God Bless as you keep using your talents.

5. Cathy says:

Love your excitement! It’s always so fun and encouraging to know others appreciate what you have to say. I write a book blog and remember the first time an author commented on a post about her book. I was so excited! It’s been a few years since then and every time an author takes the time to come by and comment I still get giddy. It never gets old. : )

I’m visiting from ‘RARalinkup’ Love your blog. Will be back. God bless. : )

6. jordanfaeh says:

I just love your heart, Megan. I can totally relate to facing doubts about my blog. As a christian, I strive to live a life of humility and service and sometimes I question whether spending so much time on a blog is selfish. But God has a way of being glorified even in ways that I didn’t anticipate! I’m so glad to hear that He reassured you. It was nice to meet you for a brief moment at the God Blog Social conference πŸ™‚

• Made To Bloom says:

Jordan, thanks so much! I absolutely feel the same way. It’s a difficult balance. I’m so glad we made that quick connection at the conference! Thanks so much for stopping by.